Re: [NTLK] To all of you NTK coders

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 17:10:13 EDT

On Oct 18, 2007, at 8:39 PM, Brian Parker wrote:

> NTK automatically sets up the kAppSymbol constant for your own app,
> but I don't know how to figure out the symbol for other apps. The
> ones for Apple apps are likely something like |Dates:Apple| or |
> Dates:Newton| but that is just a guess. One way would be to set the
> Dates as backdrop app, then use GetUserConfig('blessedApp)

Maybe I am drunk or just tired, but shouldn't "print(GetRoot());"
print a list of all apps in the Inspector? Or am I in the wrong
languag on the wrong system again ;-)

"All applications are normally declared in the root view under their
application symbol. This means there is a slot in the root view whose
name is
the application symbol and whose value is that view. You can use this
code
to test if an application is open:

GetRoot().applicationSymbol.viewCObject;

If the application is open, this function returns a non-nil value;
otherwise,
nil is returned. This reference is always present as long as a view
is open, and
nil when a view is closed."

Programers Reference OS2.0)

Matthias