Re: [NTLK] Hello, and question about Memory Card

From: W. Kim <wanjin32_at_yahoo.co.kr>
Date: Sat Oct 13 2007 - 00:01:00 EDT

Thanks for your reply.

Hawaii is, I want to be there for travelling in near furture.

Yes, I have been using the Pretec 32MB memory card with my MP2000U,
and tried to eject and reinserting several times. Also,
tried to insert to another MP2000, but still both Newton could not be
recognized at all.

I do not have another card for newton, and think that the memory card
could be died some reason. Probably need to buy another memory card.

Wanjin Kim
MP2000U, MP2000, eMate

----- ¸Þ½ÃÁö ¿øº» ----
º¸³½ »ç¶÷: "knowtree@aloha.com" <knowtree@aloha.com>
¹Þ´Â »ç¶÷: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
º¸³½ ½Ã°£: 2007³â 10¿ù 13ÀÏ (Åä¿äÀÏ), 5:34:40 AM
Á¦¸ñ: Re: [NTLK] Hello, and question about Memory Card

> Hello!
>
> I'm new to the list but have been used newton MP2000U used since 2001 in
South Korea.

Hello, South Korea! From sunny Hawaii, except it is a bit rainy this morning.

> Now I have a question about Flash Memory Card (Pretec, 32MB).
> I have been using it without any problem so far,

I assume you mean in your Newton, that your MP2000 normally recognizes this
card.

> but today my newton
> complain that it has problem.
> Message from Newton is " There is a problem with this card. (Newton
> cannot recognize this type of card.)

When this happens to me I can usually "fix" it by ejecting and reinserting
the card a few times. The fact that a PC does recognize it is a good sign
in that the card is not entirely dead. Can you try another card? This could
be an opportunity to make new friends.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
MP110, MP2100