Re: [NTLK] Goodbye

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 16:56:27 EST

Matt and Ricardo,

You're definitely not alone. I use my MP2000 everyday and really
enjoy doing so.

It's stylish, practical, durable, fun and has a personality! If it
could wear high heels I'd marry it.

I do wonder about this morbid curiosity that sometimes comes
through in some of the threads.

"Is the Newton dead yet, and if so should we mourn or just depart
quietly, and skulk off down to the shops to buy a new pda without our
conscience catching us out.....'

Should this site not be a celebration of what it is and is enduring
fan club!

For me the threads I like most are the ones about using the Newt on a
day to day basis, not complaining about its limitations or trying to
second guess what apple or anyone else will bring out next. Or spend
time wondering whether the new model will be a rejuvenated Newton
in disguise.

Personally I don't care.

For me in my Western World bubble, everything is so utterly
accessible, it's nice to have something you have to get to know.

I definitely get the sense that there's plenty of people just
getting on enjoying using them, without the angst.

And this site is testament to that, because as soon as someone asks
for practical advice, it's there in abundance and with enthusiasm.

All the best

Andy