Re: [NTLK] Amazon's Ugly PoC

From: Joshua Cearley <joshua.cearley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 18:03:32 EST

I don't think a software engineer would've thought it to be a good
idea to use a swinging lamp instead of a backlight. The only reason I
can see how that would be good at all is those old screens show up
great under sunlight (a newton screen is very readable in sunlight,
even the old one) where modern screens are too dark to see without the
backlights set to full. Maybe Amazon is trying to get readers to go
out in the sunlight? ;)