Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Delta Airline SkyMiles to give a

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 12:34:00 EST

On Nov 8, 2007, at 10:23 AM, mkow1234@aol.com wrote:
<snip>
> That being said, it is a great source of frustration for me to read
> diatribes on the Newtontalk.net bulletin board about some fancy new
> bit of synchronization software, with NO mention as to which type
> of computer the software is intended!!! I ask those of you who post
> on software discussions PLEASE extend the courtesy of including
> some mention as to WHICH PLATFORM your software pertains.
<snip>

This is kind of a funny complaint to me, as in in general in the
broader world it's very common for companies/people to ASSUME you are
running windows. Mac users have suffered through this for years (ie
"download the program here" which is linked to a .exe).

Anyhow, we can do better so yeah, this is a good thought. When
discussing software that only goes one way (windows or mac or linix)
lets try to remember to share that critical info?

Marty