Re: [NTLK] Two Separate eMate Displays Dead: How Come?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 22:31:15 EDT

A couple of other things since you have taken them apart.
It is possible that the contrast slider mismatched the one on the
circuit board. The ribbon may not be properly connected on one end
or the other.
While any number of things may happen when the display ribbon is
damaged, usually what I see is loss of ability to read stylus, and/
or rows of dead pixels.
  check that all cables are connected and take pains to make sure the
sliders are properly aligned, I usually use a light and slightly lift
that area of the board to make sure they are in place.
If all else fails flat rate postage in the US is $8.95, contact me
off list.

good luck

Woody