Re: [NTLK] Two Separate eMate Displays Dead: How Come?

From: McJohn <mcjohn_at_oplink.net>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 21:19:52 EDT

Yes, sir, I thought of that and have monkeyed with the contrast slider,
to no effect. I can hear the startup chime, but no picture. I should
have told you guys that I've taken both eMates apart and have confirmed
that there is no damage to the display/control cable for the
touchscreen on either. Could be deficient reassembly skills, but one
of 'em wasn't working when I got it. These things are designed to be
tapped about sixty thousand times with a stylus, and I wouldn't think
they were that twitchy, but maybe they are.