Re: [NTLK] Newton packages won't install

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 23:30:37 EDT

xp wrote:
> Hi, trying to download some Newton packages from http://newton.tek-ed.com/
> Every package I download when I use Newton Connection utilities fails to
> load to the Newton. Says it can't be recognized as a package. I've seen that
> this has something to do with the type/creator flag (maybe?). The only apps
> to fix this seem to be Mac apps, I'm running on the windows platform (or
> linux).
> Is there any hope?

the particular issue only occurs on a mac, hence there only being mac
solutions.

define fails to load? if you have transfered them from your PC? to the
newton then my guess would be that they are still in your inbox and need
to be put away. once you've done that you should be good to go. oh and
if you've transfered more than one copy just put one of them away and
trash the duplicates.

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.