[NTLK] Speed Boost vs. Implant-2000 ..... Was: Availability of Apple 2000/2100 case

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 16:46:41 EDT

On 5/4/07, William Pociengel <hseldon@my.wgu.edu> wrote:

> PS I DO notice you have the speed boost easily identified (I wonder how
> this performs compared to the PixSolutions one I had done some years
> ago, or is it the same thing?)

Dear William,

Allow me to speak of this topic not as an expert but to point out my
observations as you have done thus far.

The Speed Boost that Newton Sales offers is in my reckoning based on
information similar to the Turbo Hack that's mentioned on Stephanie Mak's
website. Or other sites that have documented or touch upon the hack in the
past. Now only Ferdi can verify this or one of the purchasers regarding the
specs.

I know that the few that I've sold were based on this readily available
information and the crystal mentioned is a 5mHz spec'd.

Being that I have gotten the original information and schematics for the
Pixsolution Implant-2000 I can speak with some authority that theirs
actually will run at the 200mHz advertised while the one offered likely by
Ferdi will run at a fraction/hair slower - not to get nitpicky here... but
the Pixsolution offering offered true on the fly changing of speed while the
manual hack caused on occasion crashes or in other words freezing of the
Newton.

Now back to the original program.

--
God bless,