Re: [NTLK] Leo Laporte and his MP2000

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 11:51:31 EDT

On 5/3/2007 10:03 PM, Rod Lavington wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Not sure if this has been posted, but in this week's "Macbreak Weekly", the
> crew have a new section where they discuss old tech that they love. Leo
> whips out his 2000 :-) The rest of the guys were drooling! Very positive
> comments from all on the show, and all agreed it is still the best PDA
> available. An interesting comment from Leo was what if Steve hadn't been
> pushed out by Scully and the board - what would have become of the Newton if
> Steve had anything to do with it.
>
> Great to here something positive from someone that has some sway in today's
> tech community (some may disagree, but everyone seems to know Leo!).
>
> Seeya
>
> Rod!

Very interesting. I was surprised to see everyone drooling over it and
looking to buy their own. Well, I should be more specific in that I
know people will drool over a Newt when they see it. However these
people were (and still are) in the tech community when the Newton was
out and honestly agree that there *still* is nothing like it out there.

Some say that the MP2x00 was too big a form factor. To those I say to
keep in mind that a MP2x00 is about the size of a decent paperback book.
 Also the Newt can hold far far far more data than a standard book of
the same size.

-Dan