Re: [NTLK] partitioning cards (ATA / Flash)

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 06:55:03 EDT

On 5/2/2007 6:01 PM, R A Parker wrote:
> I'm not sure if someone answered any of your questions but let me try.
>
> On Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 12:47 am giorgio razzano wrote:
>
>> My problem is that I'll have partitions
>> smaller than that (lets say 8MB ...).
>
> Well, you may want to consider how it all works. The Newton and ATA, that
> is. The question is WHY? You should consider 32MB partitions as average
> working size.

*snip*

Well I made the suggestion earlier in this thread. The reason being he
was having slow performance. I did say that I haven't used the ATA
driver much so my suggestion was a general one as I have had experience
with larger Linear cards that were slower than smaller ones. He had
already partitioned them to 32 and didn't see any improvement. He was
asking about using software to partition further as there seems to be a
4 partition limit on the card (which I was not aware of till now). And
I believe he meant software for the Newton not in other devices.

-Dan