Re: [NTLK] Large collection of Newtons and accessories

From: Martyn Forryan <martyn_at_forryan.com>
Date: Sun Mar 25 2007 - 15:43:05 EDT

Hi all,

I'm the original poster of the auction that has caused a small furore on the
list. I'd just like to make a couple of points:

1. I've been a previous member of this list when I actually had time to
enjoy my Newtons, so I didn't just sign up to flog my wares and maximise the
sale price.

2. I checked the list FAQ to ensure that this type of listing was allowed.
It is as long as you mark it [FA], which I did.

3. I know and respect that the Newton enjoys an active and vibrant
following, and I thought that it was important to let genuine Newtonophiles
know about this collection, a courtesy if you will, as another poster
mentioned. I have put it on eBay because, as yet another poster mentioned,
this was where I bought most if not all of my Newtons from and I thought
would be the best place for it to go.

I spent an awful lot of money buying these items and would like them to
fetch a fair market price, not have this amount "jacked up". I think that it
is unlikely that I will recoup my money from this sale. I know that some
people don't like eBay (as I have become aware from this thread), but it
solves the question "How much do I sell these items for?". You should also
note that the auction started at 99p/$2 and has no reserve - I can't get
much fairer than that!

I will remain a Newton fan (I still have some signed books detailing the
Newton's colourful history that I shan't be parting with!), I would find
immense joy from having a real Newton fan buy and enjoy these machines
rather than have them continue to collect dust in my study.

Kind Regards,
Martyn Forryan