[NTLK] emate ethernet connection

From: <newton120_at_uku.co.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 14:32:40 EST

I've been trying to get my emate connected to my network, mainly out of
interest rather than having an particualr aim in mind, though I thought I
might use it to telnet to my unix box and maybe to write emails on [again
with the email server on my unix machine].

I've tried a 3C589D, which seems to get recognised by the emate [I have the
Farralon driver and the relevant patch] but it fails to find the other
computer. My router acts as a DHCP server and oguht to give the emate an IP
address but this seems to not be happening. I'm using VT100 on the emate.

Also I've tried a WPC11v3 wireless card - again I have the relevant drivers
and the emate seems to recognise the card fine - wavelan drivers with the
extra patch for 31+ letter names etc. This needs to connect via a wireless
access point [again with the router providing DHCP function] - this setup
works fine with a PSP but not with the emate.

Mainly wondering if what I am trying to do is actually possible, and whether
there is anything obvious I ought to be doing.

Finally I have tried to connect to my Mac via ethernet, but this doesn't
work either [serial is fine of course]. This is just using Newton
Connection Utilities and Appletalk over ethernet [ethertalk on the emate is
what I have tried].

Grateful if anyone could shed some light for me, or point me in the right
direction generally.