[NTLK] emate battery

From: <newton120_at_uku.co.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 14:26:10 EST

I've seen some instructions on the web for replacing the batteries on an
emate - taking apart the battery pack and putting in new NiMHs. I might
have a go as my emate seems not to hold a charge - I left it in a drawer for
a few weeks and it went flat. Of course this might just be normal [please
let me know, someone!].

Does anyone have any experience of the battery replacement procedure? Were
the original emate batteries NiMHs? I am wondering if there's any risk
involved, on the assumptions the originals might have been NiCd?

My charger came with a Newton 120 but it seems to work OK with the emate.