Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Jan Thomas <pnetops_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 03:46:55 EST

Sorry this didnt quote properly. Edited.
Jan Thomas <pnetops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Scott Rogers wrote: I tried to respond earlier and it got rejected for too > much quoted

Yeah, know the feeling! :-)

Well, I use both, like many people I'm forced to use windows at work, but have the freedom to choose the better system at home ;-)

I think the priority is to sync my work stuff (lotus notes) to my PDA, because to be honest I don't think I need to start using iCal, et al. Not just yet. SO a windows mobile device seems a more logical choice. The only problem is that the good ones are expensive.

BUT. I have a new development. A friend just offered me his Sony TG50 (Palm OS) for next to nothing (if not nothing), so I'm gonna have that for a while and see if it suffices. At least it will give me some more experience with a PDA so that I'm better informed about my requirements if I switch to a WinMo device.

> gadget. The hardware is great. The utility is great. MS reader is,
> as Morgan said, simply the best, and as I said earlier, the HWR is
> pretty good. You can wifi them. Rotate the screen however you want.
> Sync with business class email. Use IR or bluetooth keyboards.

Sounds great. Need another job to buy one though ;-)

Anyway - thanks to everyone on the list that replied to my question, without any malice or bickering too, which is unusual on the net in this day and age. Speaks volumes. I'll monitor the list for a while, but I will eventually unsubscribe. At least until somebody offers me a Newton at a reasonable price... :-)

Jan.