Re: [NTLK] Manybooks...

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 13:33:56 EDT

On Jun 22, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Dan wrote:

> On 6/22/2007 8:05 AM, Xenon Soft wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am trying to read books downloaded from
>> manybooks.net, but the GREAT problem is that the
>> e-books have no page numbers or bookmarks... Do you
>> know if it's possible to add pages or bookmarks or if
>> this feature will be available? Actually, it's very
>> difficult or impossible to read a book without page
>> numbers.

[SNIP]

> Of course my favorite method is on my Newton. And making it a
> NewtonBook automatically adds page numbers even if you don't create a
> table of contents. Paperback format does not have page numbers, and
> does not have bookmarks. This is the main reason why I prefer the
> NewtonBook format.

You've actually hit on Salva's issue here. ManyBooks.net generated
it's Newton-compatible books in Paperback format and so there are no
page numbers or bookmarks.

Were there ever any 3rd party utilities that added this functionality?

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/