Re: [NTLK] Status of nBlog?

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun Jun 10 2007 - 03:45:56 EDT

Andy

Any one please step in if I'm wrong but this is my understanding of nBlog:

From http://www.tow.com/weblog/:

nBlog works alongside nHTML 2.0 and XML-RPC to create one of the most powerful and portable web development environments around. nHTML is much more than an HTML tag generator, and XML-RPC allows you to send almost any object on your Newton, such as a note, name, or package, over the Internet using the industry standard XML-RPC protocol.

and from www.perfectxml.com/glossary4.asp

XML-RPC is a specification and a set of implementations that allow software running on disparate operating systems, running in different environments to make procedure calls over the Internet. It's remote procedure calling using HTTP as the transport and XML as the encoding. XML-RPC is designed to be as simple as possible, while allowing complex data structures to be transmitted, processed and returned.

Put together nBlog allows you to send a note file to, say Blogger, and have it accept your note text as an entry on your Blog. Adam's text suggests you can send more than just note text. I assume that some configuration is necessary to ensure that your target site can accept the object being sent.

Cheers

Tony