Re: [NTLK] I need help with the last NTK issue for my first pkg.

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 23:38:53 EDT

Two things, first I was just setting the viewFormat with an assignment
operator (:=), so I changed it to SetValue. Then I had tried Dirty() and
refreshViews() alone and together but I had them in the wrong order. It
would have been nice in the guide or reference if it had mentioned they
worked together and needed to be in the proper order. :) Either way, it is
working now. Once I finish the help file, in a couple of days, I'll be
posting it.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

Daniel Padilla wrote:
<snip>
    Usually, the best way to modify a view is using the
SetValue(frame,'slot,value) function to change its properties, because
it causes the view to be redrawn inmediately.

    If you cannot use it for any reason, the manual way would be: make
any modification to the slots of a view, send a view:dirty() message
to the view, and then issue a refreshViews() command.
<snip>