Re: [NTLK] lucent wavelan & internet

From: MICHAEL W LODER <mwl2_at_psu.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 20:14:05 EDT

On to the next problem to be solved:
I just acquired a Lucent Wavelan wireless PCMCIA card. Now, how do I get it to work?
I have nethopper installed. I have the LucentWaveLAN_v1p08a.pkg installed. I have access to a &quot;linksys&quot; wireless network. But when I insert the card, I get a message saying &quot;There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this card).&quot; I downloaded the driver from Hiroshi Noguchi's driver website and the chart indicates that it should work with the lucent wavelan card. I put the card in an old powerbook 1400, and that machine recognized the card, even though it does not have the drivers for it.
I also have &quot;internet dock&quot; and &quot;internet setup,&quot; but when I try to open &quot;internet setup&quot; I get message that &quot;no internet packages are installed.&quot;
So what am I missing? What am I not doing right? Any site I can check that would help? Thanks. This has been a great group. WES LODER

MWL2@psu.edu
Penn State Schuylkill