[NTLK] Multi-Mode Backdrop Pictures for Avi's Backdrop

From: RAParker <QuadzillaNET_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 19:12:33 EDT

I thought it would be a good idea to put this in it's own thread...

On Jul 30, 2007, at 3:32 PM, R A Parker wrote:
> Avi's Backdrop works well with larger pictures.
> I've created several Backdrops that (sort of)
> autorotates in every orientation.

> Paste the image into a new Newton Press
> document and set your doc settings per
> Avi's instructions.

> Because of the image's size, clipping will occur
> and the eMate only displays the upper-left portion
> of the image, whether in landscape or portrait.

> This idea works with any Newton...
> you just need to figure out maximum width and
> maximum height of the image for the display.

Images sizes I've use for multi-mode backdrops:
    MP1x0: 320 x 248
    eMate: 480 x 420
   MP2x00: 432 x 400

Here are some examples of multi-mode backdrops on my (wife's) eMate.

  <http://www.flickr.com/photos/raparker/100190824/in/set-172646/>
  <http://www.flickr.com/photos/raparker/157039093/in/set-172646/>

--
---