[NTLK] New Einstein for MS Windows uploaded

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 12:56:40 EDT

Hi friends,

I uploaded another version of Einstein for MS Windows. This should
run on Windows 2000 and better, but I have not tested Vista.

Start the installer. Everything will be in

c:/program files/OpenEinstein/2007.7/

Now download that ROM, name it 717006, and copy it into the above
directory. Launch Einstein and everything should work pretty much as
with the Mac version.

The application menus are available using the right mouse button.

There are a few shortcomings that I will fix as soon as I can:

- the first boot can take two or three minutes - be patient!

- on ROMs other than the US MP2100, you will be asked to calibrate
the digitizer, but the digitizer does not work at this point. Simply
close the Einstein window and it will reboot.

- there is no PC side for downloading the ROM yet

- some data may be lost if the emulator is closed clicking the window
Close button. It is much safer to open "Extras", click on "i" and
select "Quit Einstein"

- sometimes, the "Congratulations" screen hangs. It should not take
longer than a few seconds to disappear. If it does, use the task
manager to quit Einstein and try again.

Matthias

http://code.google.com/p/einstein , go to "Downloads"

----