Re: [NTLK] OS X's Inkwell, and the Newton Mini

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 14:39:09 EDT

On Jul 11, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Joshua Cearley wrote:
> <snip>
> What I am confused by is the inconsistency of their marketing and
> keynote reasoning (e.g. OS X is the most advanced and secure OS, and
> because of Unix it's stable) yet the iPhone which "runs OS X" can't
> have third party programs "for security and stability".
<snip>

I have to say that as a user of the Nokia E60 (symbian OS) it is very
real problem when third party apps cause the cell phone to crash
(which they can and do).

I can easily see where especially in the initial roll out phase Apple
doesn't want peoples perception of the iPhone's stability to be
compromised by half baked third party apps.

Of course this is just my theory.
Marty