Re: [NTLK] THE YEAR'S DONATION

From: Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 20:28:45 EDT

From: Sylvain Pilet <sylvain@pilet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:39:10 +0200

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - THE YEAR'S DONATION - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - 1 iPhone FOR PAUL - - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Listen up everyone !
>
> It's obvious that the iPhone starts a new era in the mobile phone
> world and the iPhone upcoming abilities won't be without amazing us.
> That's why I make a suggestion : to make a moneybox in order to get
> funds to buy an iPhone to Paul (Paul Guyot of course). Like the
> iPhone Paul hasn't finish to amaze us both with his abilities and his
> "genius". Of course no demands will be ask to him in exchange, we
> won't put any pressure on him.
>
> On my hand, I know that Paul won't do a weird use of it (for instance
> to use it under a wobbly old bed), in the worst case, he will use it
> as a mobile phone !
>
> You love and use Einstein, Wifi, ATA driver, dictionnaries (FR, ES,
> IT..) or others(1).. without money spending. Go on ! It's time to get
> out your wallet to make a donation, even a little amount, what is the
> most important is the quantity of generous givers.
>
> To make your donation use Paypal Website (2) <https://www.paypal.com/
> refer/pal=pguyot @ kallisys.net> Paul's PayPal address is : pguyot @
> kallisys.net [Thanks for deleting spaces around the @]
>
> You may think that you also will be glad to get an iPhone, but
> sincerely what do you think of having in the future a clever
> iPhone ! ;-)
>
> This may be an utopia, but well, with the System [ Guyot
> Intelligence ] nothing is impossible :-)
>
> (1) see Paul's webssite to get the complete list of his Newton
> contributions <http://www.kallisys.com/newton/>
> (2) Paul thanks for correcting if your PayPal account changed

Dear Sylvain,

Thank you for your e-mail. This is very nice but I cannot accept such
a donation. I received hardware in the past, including a Zaurus from
you and a Nokia 770 from Martin Buis, and I should say this was and
continues to be extremely helpful to develop Einstein. Yet an iPhone
would not be a significant additional help.

The very principle behind OpenEinstein is that anyone can port it to
any hardware. As soon as a toolchain is available for the iPhone,
which might happen within a week or two, Einstein could be ported
there in a matter of one or two days. And I am ready to help whoever
would like to tackle this.

Regards,

Paul

--