Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: iBattery

From: Andrew Beals <bandy_at_beals.org>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 20:17:04 EDT

On 2007-jul-10, at 10:15, Sonny Hung wrote:

> On 7/10/07, James Grubic <james.grubic@bsd7.org> wrote:
>>
>> Either way, serious lack of thinking went into this aspect of the
>> device. We all know the nightmares of dealing with fizzled Newton
>> battery packs...and at least those were removable. I thought that
>> Apple
>> would have learned from their experiences.
>
> As an OT subject let me say that the battery on the iPhone was
> designed just
> as it should be (from the stand point of Apple). They are not
> selling to
> people who want to change stuff.

And by soldering in the battery, they've removed another point of
failure and extended the battery life by some small increment in one
fell swoop.

Why are people complaining about this when they upgrade to a brand-
new phone every year or so?

"Single men live longer than married men, but married men are a lot
more willing to die."
-- Johnny Carson