Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: iBattery

From: W. Guy Finley <wgfinley_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 19:17:04 EDT

This is really the silliest thing I've seen and if this is the
biggest nit to pick well, that shows you what a great product the
iPhone is.

Here's why it's silly and I can only speak from my own experience. I
have carried a cell phone for 15 years and I've carried a cell phone
for work for 10 years. They have ranged from the "bag phones" to the
first Motorola flips, to several Nextels when they were the size of
walkie-talkies and then got smaller and then the recent wave of both
GSM and CDMA phones that I have owned on my own and been issued at
work. Some I've carried for a few years, 4 being the longest if I
recall. I've also carried a Handspring Prism with a non-serviceable
rechargeable battery. Now, through all this time, all these years,
daily use and charging, including hours on my work cell phones every
day (I work from my car) how many batteries have I replaced on those
15 years?

ZERO.

I've never bought a cell phone battery PERIOD, hasn't happened. So
why am I supposed to care that I can't replace the iPhone battery
myself? To someone who has constantly used cell phones for 15 years
yet never bought a cell phone battery it's really beyond me.

--Guy