[NTLK] Strategies for upgrading packages in an untethered world

From: Zachery Bir <zbir_at_urbanape.com>
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 13:30:46 EST

So, I'm sprucing up the ol' UMP2000, got it all decked out with
Bluetoof and Wifi.

I used to use the bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson T610, but I've
upgraded my phone to an SE K750i.

In the process, I thought I'd update the various packages: Blunt,
Neo, Mail V, et al. I've pretty much ditched all tethered
connections, I install new packages with nHTTPlib, using Fetch URL
from my inbox, and putting them away with ICVC. This leads to a sort
of chicken and egg situation if I ever want to upgrade ICVC. How to
put it away and let it clobber the existing package?

Also, is anyone using Mail V with gmail accounts? I don't see in
gmail the ability to *not* use SSL, and I know SSL is something we
ain't got.

Anyway, hey folks, long time no.

Zac