Re: [NTLK] iPhone - 3d Party Apps (was: Text input)

From: Nicolas Roard <nicolas.roard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 03:17:50 EST

On 1/12/07, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:
> In an interview, Jobs was quoted as having explicitly stated that
> they would allow 3d-party apps, but would control them carefully to
> make sure they did not break any of the phone features.

Yes, I read the interview too :-/
I'm a bit disappointed, frankly. I guess there's still a chance that
it would simply be a "conformity test" (eg, $$$) process, and would
allow non-conform apps to run with due warnings... but I have serious
doubts now. It's a shame.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly