[NTLK] News from the future: Announcing the iPhone Shuffle

From: Peter Fraser <pjfraser_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 23:42:22 EST

It's an
all-white rectangle with a little green light to show that a call is in
progress. While the iPhone Shuffle superficially resembles the iPod
Shuffle,
its user interface is even more spare. In place of the familiar round
iPod
"wheel", the iPhone Shuffle sports a single square button. When
pressed, the
iPhone Shuffle dials a random number from its phone book.
     "Our research showed that people don't care who they call as
much as
they care about being on the phone," said Jobs. "We also found that most
cell phone users hate routine, and prefer to be surprised. That's
just as
true for people answering calls as it is for people making them. It's
much
more liberating, and far more social, to call people at random than
it is to
call them deliberately."

-- Peter
pjfraser@mac.com