Re: [NTLK] Welcome back Newton - iPhone interface

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 08:46:25 EST

On Newton OS you have a dock from where you can run default apps just
tapping on them,
and right on top of it you can see the Extras folder which contains
additional apps.
Such layout is exactly the same as on iPhone OS.

I am aware that the iPhone use a kind coding and os which are
completely different from Newton,
instead I would just want to point that the simple and polish layout
used in this new gadget,
looks quite similar to the Newton OS layout.

Then Widgets act the same as Newton apps. A widget is just a container
from where you can run a movie, or a internet browser, or a book reader.

When looking at how the virtual keyboard comes out on iPhone, and how
much intuitive
is the access to the overall communication system, that I wouldn't
amaze to find
an Assist-like application built in the iPhone OS.

The iPhone is much more than a phone I think. It's an assistant...

Adriano

http://notwen.com