Re: [NTLK] Returned to the Fold After 9 Years - Questions

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 19:15:58 EDT

Hi Mark
Welcome back.

You should be able to connect to NCX via WiFi. I do, though if I
recall I may have used the 'internet dock' extension from an earlier
version.

1) I use NewtsCape quite a bit, if I remember correctly there may
havebeen a number of versions.
see <http://saweyer.freehostia.com/newton/newtscape.htm>

There are a number of adjustable preferences in NewtsCape
tap the "i" and select "General Preferences" Choose page size to
change.
tap "other options" and scroll to the bottom and set page width, I
use 288 because I like a bit of a frame on my books and for height I
use 380.

Be sure to look at other settings as well.

Since web pages are displayed as books, text and header size and font
selections will also be used on web pages you download.

2) I use the Mac's personal web server to install packages or to
transfer HTML formatted documents rather than using NCU or NCX, see
the 'sites' folder in your user folder.

Woody