Re: [NTLK] Returned to the Fold After 9 Years - Questions

From: Mark Srebnik <msrebnik_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 12:16:14 EDT

Thanks for the welcome and advice, Joel. Appreciate it!!

Every bit helps....

Meanwhile, have a few more specific questions that hopefully someone can advise....

1) WEB BROWSER

Have gotten connected to internet with WiFi card....have done some limited web browsing using Newt's Cape....while it works, it's pretty cumbersome to use, unless I'm missing something...pages show up too small (about 3/4 of display size) and you don't see entire page in the window...

So, am I doing something wrong?

Should I try another browser?

If so, which one??

2) DOWNLOAD PKG's DIRECTLY TO NEWTON ON INTERNET

What is the easiest way to download packages to Newt directly from internet?

3) PC - NEWT CONNECTION

Have got Newt connected to my Mac/OSX at home using serial cable/Keyspan USB adapter, works great with NCX....

Would like to also be able to connect to PC at work (runs WinXP).

However, just found out from Keyspan website that there's no way to use this same setup with Windows. They say that Mac serial cable is DB8 and Windows needs DB9....

So, what are easy ways to connect Newt to PC?

Serial, WiFi, Ethernet??

Have tried installing NCU 95-NT, but InstallShield Self-Extracting.exe only gets to 99% and then hangs...

Am I using the right installer???

Thanks for any and all input!!

Mark