Re: [NTLK] Backup Flash Memory Card

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 19:52:34 EDT

On 4/30/2007 6:33 PM, Cracka Jack wrote:
> I've been really busy and just had a chance to start trying this today.
>

> I'm using XP and have a com port which i'm using to try this method.
>
> I have a copy of NCU and can recognize the Newton but it will not backup.
>

> When I dock the Newton it seems to connect fine but will not backup... The
> PC appears to try and initialize the transfer but always goes immediately to
> disconnected. The Newton reads " The connection was stopped because your PC
> disconnected."
>

> I've tried using baud rates 2400, 4800, & 9600 to no avail as well as
> adjusting all the FIFO buffers down to 1 on both.
>

> Any tips?
>
> Allen

Yes get yourself a copy of slowdown
http://www.unna.org/unna/windows/slowdown.exe

You may need more than one instance of it depending how fast your
computer is. Connect your newton to the PC, start NCU, then run
slowdown with all sliders on max (perhaps another instance even), then
start the backup from your computer (click backup button). Also turn
off all antivirus or anything else running that you can beforehand.

-Dan