[NTLK] erratic eMate issue

From: Oliver Leaman <oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 07:22:54 EDT

My eMate does something rather strange. It occasionally just switches off, and there is no obvious reason why. It then restarts if I press the reset button without problem, and everything is fine. I have checked the battery connection and that seems to be fine. The message I get is that the system restarted because all power was removed. It goes for days without doing this at all, days of being moved around all the time, and at other times it is sitting quietly on a desk and yet turns itself off frequently. I have two eMates, one never does this and the other one does. It has nothing to do with how charged up the battery is, since it is just as likely to happen when it is at full capacity as when it is at low.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received, as ever.

Oliver