Re: [NTLK] INTEL MID use Apple Icon

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 19:17:11 EDT

Tony Kan wrote:
> Bear with me if I've got my facts wrong. But many years ago Windows 1.0 came
> along almost as a shell program for DOS ie. it was just a pretty front end to an
> ugly and relatively difficult user interface. Sure it took a couple of versions
> before it became truly popular but the concept I'm trying to communicate is that
> someone could build a decent user interface on top of an already existing OS to
> provide quite a different and much better user experience.
>
> Aside from intellectual property issues, wouldn't it be technically feasible for
> someone to do the same to a modern OS such as Mac OS or Windows Vista? What I
> mean is it technically feasible to build a Newton shell with all its gestures
the newton is far more than it's hwr or gestures. it everything about
how the data interacts.

try the assist feature or look at how all of the pieces of data show up
where ever they are needed.

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.