Re: [NTLK] My Newton Wish List

From: randy on the road <rgore_at_newted.dyndns.org>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 11:58:11 EDT

On Monday, Sep 25, 2006, at 19:54 US/Pacific, Paul Curtis wrote:

> 1. I really wish I could find a reliable source of PCMCIA GPS cards
> that
> work in the 2x00's. For Pete's sake, if J&K can have over 15,000 like
> new
> condition 2x00's in stock then where in the Sam Hill are the GPS's... I
> don't want to hear about any of the CF/SD into the adapter solution
> either,
> I want the native solution....

Hello,

Oh heck, If whatever it takes to adapt the gps card to the newton is
less than a foot long and doesn't weigh more than my newton, I'd be
quite pleased to have something that does GPS. The newton screen and
the newtons economy with the battery power consumption makes it a nice
portable map. I don't know if running a GPS from the card slot would
take lots of power but I doubt it would be worse than a WiFi card and I
could live with that sort of power use.

cheers,

Randy

--
Now the fifth daughter on the twelfth night
Told the first father that things weren't right
My complexion she said is much too white
He said come here and step into the light he says hmm you're right
Let me tell the second mother this has been done
But the second mother was with the seventh son
And they were both out on Highway 61.
Now the rovin' gambler he was very bored
He was tryin' to create a next world war
He found a promoter who nearly fell off the floor
He said I never engaged in this kind of thing before
But yes I think it can be very easily done
We'll just put some bleachers out in the sun
And have it on Highway 61.
Bob Dylan