[NTLK] package install with Escale

From: Carolyn Kennedy <crkennedy_at_clara.co.uk>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 11:33:18 EDT

Hi

I've just upgraded from a 120 to a 2100 (definitely a good move -
didn't realise how beautiful it would be...) and am now having the
usual battle trying to connect it to my Powerbook (OSX 10.3.9). I've
transferred the ethernet drivers from my eMate via card, and after two
days I've managed to connect with Escale (works fine as long as I make
it look for a new computer every time).

Question: how long should I leave it trying to install a package
before giving up? I've tried to load the Escale TCP/IP package, in the
hope that that might be more reliable than AppleTalk, but it's just
sitting there forever, the progress bar isn't moving - but something
must be happening, because the 2100 isn't going to sleep (although I
might, if it doesn't do something soon...). Not having used Escale
before (the 120 connected to NCU on my old Mac with OS 8.6), I have no
idea what's normal (but it certainly didn't take this long with a
serial cable).

TIA

Carolyn

PS I"m on digest and dialup, so responses to responses might be slow.