Re: [NTLK] Shout out to developers

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 02:25:30 EDT

On Aug 31, 2006, at 8:10 PM, Javier Monllor wrote:

> I recently asked the list what they thought about starting a
> "collection" to pay a professional developer for a decent sync app
> between the Newton and OS X. Continuing with that thread, I would
> like to formally make a call to any professional or knowledgeable
> developer interested in the task.
>
> If you think you have the know how and ability to write this app but
> never had the incentive, I would like to talk to you. It seems many
> in the community would be extremely interested to pay for your
> efforts to bring this app into existence. If you're out there, email
> me for further details. My email is jmonll at gmail dot com.
>
> My hope is that soon we'll have a list of features the app needs to
> have, a website and a Paypal account to collect and hold the funds.
> I've only been in the list for a few weeks but I can see there are
> some experienced people who would most likely willing to help out. I
> know I would!

I think this is a great idea, but that it's premature to start
trying to get developers attention? Perhaps waiting until we
actually have narrowed down the requirements and have actually
collected some $?

Also, I have learned to hate Paypal. We don't need to give them a
bunch of money for nothing. We can figure out a better way to handle
funds. Remember this doesn't need to be an "instant" transaction, so
waiting for checks to clear is fine.

Thanks for the efforts, and let hope we can make something of this...
Marty