Re: [NTLK] Rent a coder?

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 04:10:47 EDT

On Oct 27, 2006, at 12:04 AM, Steve Hammond wrote:

> I agree, on the Mac the syncing should be done through iSync, as it
> is the center of actual and future Apple syncing development for the
> Mac.

I read through a lot of Apple Sync Client documentation last night.
Yes, it is possible. And yes, it is not limited to phone books and
appointments. iSync has all the mechanics to synchronize any kind of
data, including (maybe) application packages. It seems like a good
solution, but I am still missing some information. There's a nice
Apple Mailing List on that subject though

> Bluetooth should also be considered, as newer Macs do not comes with
> IR nor serial ports. But most of them have BT integrated into the MB
> so this option is more than just a wish list!

Yes, all available ways should be supported. Since that requires a
capable device on the developers side, a plugin solution is usually
best.

BTW, there is a BlueTooth chip available for very little money that
handles all BT Stack issues including serial data /and/ audio in and
out. Which brings me back to the serial-cable discussion thread:
wouldn't it be nice if we could develop a dongle that plugs on the
MP2100 connector that has a complete and transparent BT
implementation inside. No software needs to be installed. And you
could even connect a headset or speakers wirelessly without changing
a bit in the Newton.

Just dreaming,

   Matthias

----