Re: [NTLK] eMate and 2100 queries

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 08:41:27 EDT

On 10/22/06, Jon Scordia <jscordia@mac.com> wrote:
> Well, thanks to the fantastic efforts of Frank G, I now have my 2000
> upgraded to a 2100 with an internal serial card and also a really
> nice (hinge fixed) eMate, also maxed out with a 4mb memory upgrade.
> (that eBay one never did arrive)

If I had to have something done that I couldn't do myself Frank's the
one I'd prefer to ask...

> A while ago I took advantage of Adriano's bulk purchase of pico BT
> cards, and have also purchased his NewtUSB adaptor, which also
> charges the 2000 from USB. I see a few more of his great accessories
> in my immediate future!

Hm, Adriano definitely another person who's added much functionality
for the Newton Community with such great ingenuity! I want one of his
NewtUSB's too...

> CHARGING: I have a proper 2000 charger. I also have a proper 110
> charger but don't have a charger for the emate. Then I have Adriano's
> NewtUSB charger. Are they all compatible with both the 2(1)00 and the
> eMate?

Either power adapter are useable on either MP2100 and eMate 300. The
only difference is that 110 adapter will charge the batteries
slower... The MP2100 power adapter is the same one that came standard
with the eMate 300.

> MEMORY CARDS: I have a number on linear ATA cards and am keen to
> create swappable cards with applications and ebooks etc on them that
> I can use on either machine. I've lost the plot on the story
> regarding the compatibility differences with the eMate.

IIRC when I tested the ATA Driver from Paul the card it did allow the
use of cards between the two machine since that was the only card
that I could use that was writeable before I purchased PCMCIA Flash
Cards that were 5v read/write.

I HTH answer your queries Jon.

--
God bless,