[NTLK] eMate and 2100 queries

From: Jon Scordia <jscordia_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 08:08:21 EDT

Hi list.

Well, thanks to the fantastic efforts of Frank G, I now have my 2000
upgraded to a 2100 with an internal serial card and also a really
nice (hinge fixed) eMate, also maxed out with a 4mb memory upgrade.
(that eBay one never did arrive)

A while ago I took advantage of Adriano's bulk purchase of pico BT
cards, and have also purchased his NewtUSB adaptor, which also
charges the 2000 from USB. I see a few more of his great accessories
in my immediate future!

I must say that both Frank and Adriano have provided me with
absolutely first class service, a real credit to the list, both
helping to keep the platform alive and healthy. Recommended! Many
thanks guys!

So I'm getting back into full time Newton usage, and will be
bombarding the list with a lot more queries! I'm keen to sensibly max
out the 2(1)00 to get the most of it, starting with a brain wipe,
then blunt....then hopefully some sort of wifi connectivity. We'll
see where that goes. Lots of Newtontalk archive reading to do.

But first two quick and paranoid questions regarding interoperability
between the two machines.

I'm worried that I might fry something!

CHARGING: I have a proper 2000 charger. I also have a proper 110
charger but don't have a charger for the emate. Then I have Adriano's
NewtUSB charger. Are they all compatible with both the 2(1)00 and the
eMate?

MEMORY CARDS: I have a number on linear ATA cards and am keen to
create swappable cards with applications and ebooks etc on them that
I can use on either machine. I've lost the plot on the story
regarding the compatibility differences with the eMate.

Thank you everyone!

Regards

Jon