Re: [NTLK] Mail V error

From: Steve Hammond <hammond.steve_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 20:42:04 EDT

My Home ISP does not use SSL either, so the problem is not there for
sure. It is plain vanilla SMTP server. In fact, they recommend we use
authentication, in case they enforce it in the futur, but it will
work with or without it today.

I have a special setup, a little bit like yours, where I run my own
IMAP server on a Linux box (that get my POP's mail with fetchmail)
and I send my mail via the SMTP of my provider. I do not think that
the problem could be related to the fact that I use a different IMAP
server than the SMTP server, that's exactly what you're doing anyway.
And my email address is the one from my provider, so that is not
something that will be blocked by it (Because providers prevent you
from sending email with email address not registered to their domain
to prevent SPAM). I am using this exact setup on my PowerBook and it
work just fine.

I'm wandering, is there any possibility that a blunt packages or any
other think I installed on my eMate can be the problem? Or Mail V
rely strictly on its own packages and NIE only to work?