Re: [NTLK] the FAQ?

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 17:11:34 EDT

In a previous message, Alex Perez typed vigorously:

> > I reckon a useful community project would be to transfer most of it
> > across to the wiki...
>
> Completely agreed, but we should transfer ALL of it, then get the
> URLs with the old copies to redirect to the current version of it at
> the Wiki. Part of the problem with getting accurate information about
> the Newton is that, as time progresses, the cruft on the web related
> to it has also increased.

One thing that should *not* happen, is deletion of any information in the current version. If a new
link can replace on dead link (for instance: point to an archived copy of a page in the Internet
Archive) then we should do that, rather than completed deleted a section in the FAQ. Likewise, a new
link to a related section of the Wiki should be added to the existing information, rather than
replacing it.

Does this make sense?

> I'll volunteer to do this if nobody else wants to, or we can divvy up
> the work amongst a few people.

Speaking of divvying up...

What are the chances that we could get seven (or so) individuals to each take on one of the sections
to maintain or update?

g.

Grant Hutchinson > Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog > www.splorp.com
Newton > www.newted.org
Design > www.veer.com
Photos > www.flickr.com/photos/splorp