Re: [NTLK] Red Backlights for Astronomy

From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 09:07:25 EDT

Come to think of it, I'm not sure how acetate might inhibit, if it
does, contact with the pen.

How about leaving the backlight off and getting a safe red light -
the ones used in a photo lab. I'm not sure if electricity will be an
issue but if it is or if that will be suitable or workable. If it is
functional, but electricity is an issue, there is a project out there
still available today which allows a small 'usb type' light (but it's
not powered by usb) light to be connected to the Newton. Perhaps the
kit can have a red light mounted.

Then there is this site: http://www.adago.net/
They do backlight replacement kits for the Newton. Perhaps they can
better answer your question. For what it's worth they do have a white
back light and from there you may or may not find an overlay to
protect your screen and at the same time act as a red film of sorts.

Hope this helps.

Alex