[NTLK] Syncing Newton to newer Macs

From: Deb Holz <wyodeb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 16:43:17 EDT

I'm a relative newbie, so this may have been covered, but I think it
bears repeating. I tried the WiFi, but didn't want to mess with our
Airport settings, and WEP. Besides which, I really don't need my
Newton to be on the net. The main concern was loading software and
backing up. The Keyspan USB to Serial adaptor has been wonderful.
Stable. Works in OS9 on the Lombard, and OS X on the desktop G4 and G4
Power Book. I've had slightly better luck with NewTen for package
installation than any of the other alternatives in OS X. NCU works
great in OS 9. (Initial bootstrapping of connectivity software was
done using the DIL tester and our 5260/120 before the Keyspan
arrived).

Happy Newt-ing
Deb