Re: [NTLK] e-books [was: "Re: OT peace"]

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 09:05:26 EDT

Lord Groundhog wrote:
> Believe it or not, this reminded me of something ON-topic: I'm still very
> much the rookie concerning doing things on my 2100. I understand that
> reading e-books on Newtie is straightforward, but I'm not 100% sure about
> the whole thing with where to find books I want. Am I restricted to the
> ones on Unna, or can I use books made for other readers?
>
> In particular I was looking for HD Thoreau's "Essay on Civil Disobedience".

Well, that's an easy one. Project Gutenberg has the plain-text file right here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/71/71.txt

Using the pretty-darn-easy to use Paperback book maker for Newton:

http://misato.chuma.org/paperback/

You can just plug that URL in as the source, give it a title, and the tool
will return a PKG file for installing on your Newton. Heck, you can even do
it all from Newt's Cape.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org