Re: [NTLK] hopefully not too [OT] for some...

From: Stewart Douglas <douglab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 15:38:17 EST

Gary,
I'll throw my two cents....

IMHO....

CORRECT:

The odds of success at any particular job interview are low. However
many
applicants there are, only one will succeed. For each member of the
group,
failure is almost a certainty.

The selection process is performed by a person or group that is
imperfect, often chooses poorly, and completely beyond your control.
I can
see praying for the strength to go though the ordeal and to not feel
disappointed when you don't get selected, but the selection process
is an
act of man, totally lacking any divinity.

What you *can* do to influence the outcome is make yourself look
presentable and find out everything you can about the company, the
person
you will meet, and the job you are being considered for.

If you do get the job, and I hope you do, say a little thanks on Sunday
Take the family out to dinner and celebrate!

IMHO....

INCORRECT:

"....but the selection process is an act of man, totally lacking any
divinity."

*Yes the men making the decision are certainly not divine. But God
works in strange ways while still
allowing complete freedom of choice.*

"......I cannot feel comforted by a God who gets involved with
situations like
this. If it is God who decides who gets the job, then it is God who
makes
all the others failures. It isn't as though any of the losers sinned, so
what motive does God have for punishing them."

*It actually COMFORTS me to think that the God that created the
universe could care about someone getting a job!
God does not make anybody a failure. The people who do not get this
job are not then failures! They just did not get this job.
Sonny should ask simply for Gods hand in his life. Have faith that if
asked, God answers in the most
wise and perfect way. God provides for all of His faithful.
BTW: We have ALL sinned...nobody is better or worse. If we were to be
punished for our sins we would be dead.*

".......put a couple of extra bucks in the offering plate. "

*God does not need rewarded! He wants faithful commitment and
repentance in order to receive His gifts.*

I don't expect people to agree with my opinion, but it is my duty to
tell the truth when challenged.

Stew
OMP (so far)