Re: [NTLK] MP1x0 audio jack - questions & answers

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 09:56:18 EST

Adriano wrote:
> Q (me): The point is that i don't know how can i play audio files on
> MP130? It accepts audio transfers via IrDA, but then call the received files
> "Soundpapers" and ask for a stationery which i have never heard about... Have you
> got any idea?
>
> A (you):
Well, I don't think that the 130 will play sound files from a 2.1 Newton,
because all 2.1 Newtons have much better sound hardware.

Your 2100 will record sound in 16bit, 22KHz mono using a GSM or other codec.
  The codec is selected in the Recording section of Prefs.

Your 130 will only play sound in 8bit, 11KHz mono, and has no idea about GSM
or other codecs.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org