Re: [NTLK] Handwriting

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 23:06:12 EST

Russell,Allen wrote:
> I think that you can save ink on the OMP. OK, I started at NOS 1.3, and
> that could do it.
> There is an icon at the bottom left of the screen, with a capital A, or
> something like that. Tap on it and change it to a script A. I don't have
> my MP100 handy to confirm this though. Maybe it's deferred recognition that
> started with NOS 2.0?
>
> * Allen.Russell@BOC.com
> -----------------------------
>> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:11:06 -0800
>> From: John Coady <jcoady@mac.com>
>> Subject: [NTLK] Handwriting
>> I have an OMP (OS 1.04). Is there a way to get it to store
>> handwritten notes without converting them to text? I would like to
>> save the conversion till I get home and figure out any errors in
>> comfort rather than having to do it on the fly "in the field".
>> ------------------------------
>> From: John Charlton <johncharlton@mac.com>
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Handwriting
>> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:26:11 -0500
>> I believe "ink text" was something added to the 2.0 version of the
>> OS. Sorry. Try to find yourself a late-model 120 or 130. On second
>> thought, I've been able to highlight and double-click sketches on my
>> machines and have it converted to text - but don't know if that's
>> possible with 1.x. Give it a try.
I believe this was possible all of the way back to NOS 1.1, can't vouch
for farther back as my first machine was an OMP ( which I think was 1.1)
highlight the text and convert it after the fact, something you can
still do if you are wipping out the notes fast and furious.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.