Re: [NTLK] recommendations on good serial to USB cable

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 21:12:14 EST

Hi Susan,

i agree with you it would be sad to waste a printer,
but neither your eMates nor any Messagepad
is capable of printing to an usb printer,
and an adapter which would do the trick doesn't exist, sorry.

Instead if your Epson printer has also a parallel connector,
maybe you could consider to buy the "Newton Print Pack 2.0".

Here are a couple of useful link about it:
  - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=30463
  - http://www.oldschool.net/newton/papers/printpack.html

Also consider that HP340 IrDA printers are really cheap on eBay,
and there's a plenty of them available there on U.S.
Ink for such printers is cheap too.

Kind regards,

Adriano