Re: [NTLK] A question:

From: Upaut <ipomoea.violacea_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 17:11:07 EST

<i> Uh is this legal?

[snip]
Has anyone in the community mapped out the motherboard for the Newton
2100? I've begun doing this as a hobby of mine, to perhaps make a
small run, with a few minor modifications (audio in/out instead of a
speaker and a mic., serial port already in, etc.)
[snip]
</i>
You know, I have no idea if its legal... Though there has been
precident that went unsued, I'm not planning on selling it (Unless I
find out I can do it legally), and I am not stealing the ROM image;
all ROM chips I use in these things will be from old Messagepads.

I got many of these things that don't work, just want to breath some
life into them. And it is stopping me go crazy from tudding too much
organic chem. Kinda like a ship in a bottle...

So, has anyone else done/started this, or am I the first?